|Our 23J floorplan features the optional cabover storage doors|
The J has a massive storage area beneath the rear bed. Half of it is accessible from the external rear hatch, however, there's also a spacious inside storage area beneath the "curve" of the bed where I can stow big bulky stuff such as extra towels and bedding, etc.
But there's one drawback to this newer older View-- a few hundred pounds of less cargo carrying capacity. I need to continually be careful to not travel with full tanks of water/waste, and make sure I carry heavier items in the Tracker whenever possible to minimize the load carried in the View.
Here are the main specs for the T1NnieWinnie View:
- Length = 23'5"
- Width = 7'6"
- Height = 10'9"
- Exterior Storage = 25.3 cu ft
- Awning Length = 10'
- Interior Height = 6'8"
- Freshwater Tank = 34 gal
- Gray Holding Tank = 38 gal
- Black Holding Tank = 31 gal
- LP Tank = 18 gal
- Diesel Fuel Tank = 26.4 gal
- Wheelbase = 159"
- GCWR = 13,700 lbs
- GVWR = 10,200 lbs
- UVW = 9,008 lbs
- CCC (with full fuel, water, LP tanks) = 849 lbs for occupants, cargo & towing tongue weight
- Towing Capacity = 3,500 lbs
- Hitch Weight Limit = 350 lbs
- Engine = Mercedes Benz 2.7L 5-cylinder 154hp Turbo-Diesel
- Chassis = 2006 Dodge Sprinter (Mercedes Benz) 3500 with 5-speed automatic transmission
- Avg MPG = 13-14 mpg at full highway speeds (60-70 mph) while towing; 16-18 mpg when not towing
Here are the mods and upgrades I've installed on the Winnie (click the RV Gadget Favs tab for more of my favorite RVing items):
- Set of 6 Michelin M/S2 Tires, size LT225/75R16 (Pomp's Tire)
- Bilstein B4 Front McPherson Struts (Amazon.com)
- Bilstein 4600 Series HD rear shocks (Amazon.com)
- Metal Valve Stems for the dual rear and front tires (BorgTireSupply.com)
- Swivel mounts for the Driver & Passenger seats (EuroCampers.com)
- Sony Bluetooth Car Stereo with button remote & smartphone AppRemote (Amazon.com)
- Oxygenics Shower Head with water cutoff switch (Amazon.com)
- LED light bulbs for all the under-cabinet accent lighting (SuperBrightLEDs.com)
- (2) Lifeline GPL-4CT 6 volt AGM batteries (PowerstrideBattery.com)
- (2) Renogy 100 watt solar panels (Amazon.com)
- AMSolar 35mm Rocker Mounts (AMSolar.com)
- AMSolar 45 degree tilt bar set (AMSolar.com)
- Imagine Instruments SCB-PW1-2 Rooftop Combiner Box (eBay.com)
- Morningstar Sunsaver 15 amp MPPT Solar Controller (Amazon.com)
- Morningstar RM1 Remote Solar/Battery Meter (Amazon.com)
- Progressive Dynamics PD4645 3-stage Converter (Amazon.com)
- ReadyBrute Elite Tow Bar with integrated ReadyBrake (NSA RV Products)
- Winegard Sensar IV Replacement TV Antenna Head (Amazon.com)
- Winegard Sensar Pro TV Signal Meter/Amplifier (Amazon.com)
- IKEA Morgedal Full-size Foam Mattress (IKEA.com)
- Froli TRAVEL Large V-Berth Bed Springs (NickleAtlantic.com)
- Tough Topper 15oz. Black Slide-out Topper (ToughTopAwnings.com)
- Mercedes Grill & Paintable Trim Piece (eBay.com)
- Mercedes 52mm Steering Wheel Badge (eBay.com)