Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pouring

a-to-z-letters-p

Today’s A-to-Z Challenge letter is P for Pouring!

A monster storm rolled through Chicago last night and today to dump over 6 inches of rain on some already water-logged land.  I’m fortunate to live on the highest spot of the subdivision (and not have a basement in my house!), but some others in the area were not as lucky as these photos from Huffington Post display.

Area rivers and flash floods made commuting next to impossible.  We were very glad to just be working around the house today.  I focused on computer stuff and paperwork while my brother focused on washing, waxing, and detailing the cars (aren’t I lucky to have such a nice brother?!!!).

Sunny skies are forecasted by the weekend, so hopefully the flood waters will recede quickly for those impacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Views!

Lynne's Camera Bag

Best RVing Stuff Under $50

Join Us On Facebook