Monday, August 15, 2011

The Magnificent Skies of Taos!

IMG_6467

Every time I start to grumble a bit about my job, I think about the flexibility it allows me to work from magnificent places such as Taos.  For as stressful and demanding as a “virtual office” workday might be, at day’s end, I can shut down the laptop, walk out the RV and take a sunset stroll in the desert.

Our campground, Taos Monte Bello RV Park, was located outside of town on the mesa top with nothing around to block the 360-degree views of the the skies and mountains.  I lucked out with a site at the end of the park—a front row view of the sunset each night!
IMG_6124-2
and the sunsets were indeed….glorious!
IMG_6236-2IMG_6295IMG_6306IMG_6313IMG_6323IMG_6336
IMG_6421IMG_6433-2IMG_6457

The afternoon light before sunset was also pretty amazing in Taos.  Must be something to do with the mountain backdrops, but I couldn’t help hang my camera out the car window as I drove past some of these scenes!
IMG_6211IMG_6217

One night, as if Taos was trying to “one up” itself for the “Best skies in America” designation, it pulled out all the stops and gave me this wonderful little rainbow to enjoy.  Taos, New Mexico is indeed the “Land of Enchantment!”
IMG_6393IMG_6401

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I can't wait to retire in a few years and join you full-time RVers.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Views!

Lynne's Camera Bag

Best RVing Stuff Under $50

Join Us On Facebook